Jan 01 2023
We love seeing our customers in person!
You can find us at these shows in 2023:March 25th: Fargo Junk Market, Fargo, NDMarch 31st - April 1st: Spring Festival, Shakopee, MNJune 2nd - June 3rd: Street Fair at the Lakes, Detroit Lakes, MNJuly 8th - July 9th: Phelps Mill Festival, Ottertail, MNJuly 13th - July 15th: Downtown Fargo Street Fair, Fargo, NDSeptember 22nd - September 23rd: Fargo Junk Market, Fargo, NDOctober 13th - October 14th: The Big One, Fargo, NDNovember: Autumn Festival, Shakopee, MN
Aug 07 2019
I get asked all the time how to layer charms to create a necklace that is personal and tells a story, so I put together five easy tips to get you started. Once you start combining charms, it's hard to stop!
I keep a bowl on my dresser of all my charms, and I put together a different combination almost every day. The lobster clasp charm catcher makes switching them around super easy - I highly recommend it if you like changing things up!
1. Think about what matters to you, or the person you are giving the necklace to. What do you like to do? What matters most to you? Who do you love? What's most important in your life? These are all great starting places! For example, I'm a mom, I like to read, I love my husband and kids, I like my dog, I'm a Christian, etc.
2. Start with a larger charm as your "anchor" and build out around it. I like to put the largest charm in the middle of the cluster and work largest to smallest on each side. I also like balance, which leads me to my next tip...
3. Odd numbers usually look the best together. My favorite groupings are groups of three and five. They create a natural balance and look great, however you can definitely do just one or two charms! If you do, I suggest that the two charms be different sizes. When they are too similar in size they can get lost behind each other. Here's an example of a necklace with 3 charms and also 5 charms.
4. Your charms don't all have to relate to one another! It's perfectly fine to put a coffee charm with a dog charm. You do YOU. They don't all have to be the same theme to look good!
5. There's no wrong way to create a story necklace - create what you love! There are no rules. These are ideas to get you started, and I'm always amazed at what my customers come up with. If you love it, go with it!
Need help putting together your necklace? Shoot me a message or email and I'd love to help you get started!
Oct 05 2018
Can you believe fall is here? It's coming in full force in Minnesota. We woke up with a little bit of snow on the ground today. Just a skimming, but still. SNOW. It's a four letter word.
I've been busy this summer taking my show on the road. Have you had a chance to get to one? I'd love to meet you! Here's the rest of my show schedule for the season:
Fargo, ND October 12-13th at the Fargodome
Sioux Falls, SD October 26-28th at the Denny Sanford Premier Center
Shakopee, MN November 18-21st at Canterbury Downs
Stop on by and say hi!
I've added new product for fall...I'm loving mixed metals and mixed textures. The mix of the gold and silver and the simple, classic design of this necklace makes it perfect for everyday.
I also love the texture of leather and stone together. This has quickly become my go to necklace with tunics.
I'm all about cozy and simple when the weather turns colder. Give me a cup of cocoa, a great book, and a warm fire. What are you loving for fall?
Apr 14 2018
After taking a break over the winter, I was so excited to jump back into show season! You would think that by mid-April spring would be here and it would be the perfect time to have a pop-up shop at a festival. Yet...I live in Minnesota.
As I write this, it's a blizzard outside. The local Minneapolis weather people have even gone so far as to call it a "historic" blizzard. This does not make for great sales, but it does give me the opportunity to add new products to my website.
There's always a silver lining.
Follow us on Facebook for the latest information on our upcoming shows. So far our summer schedule includes:
Junk Market, West Fargo ND - May 11-13th
Street Faire at the Lakes, Detroit Lakes, MN - June 1-2nd
Pinners Conference, Minneapolis, MN - June 22-23rd
Brookings Summer Arts Festival, Brookings, SD - July 14-15th
Island Park Show, Fargo, ND - August 25-26th
Junk Market, West Fargo, ND - September 21-23rd
We look forward to seeing you this summer!